Note: If you don’t know how to create a workflow yet, please refer to this link: Basic > create your first flow
After creating your workflow, you can set up certain conditions that must be met before a Workflow is executed by adding condition blocks.
How to add a condition node?
- On your workflow’s editor, click on the add button that will appear under your schedule block as shown in the video below
- Choose the condition block
- Click on “+ Add branch” to add new branches
- Click on the gear button next to every branch to set it up
- On each branch’s settings, add a name to your condition and click on “+ add condition” to add one
- Fill each condition’s placeholders (Source, operator, and value) and repeat this action for all of the conditions that you want to create
- After adding all of your conditions to a branch, fill the “Evaluation order” placeholder to define when the condition should evaluate as true or false.
Please note that :
- The source field on your condition’s placeholder can be entered manually or by searching for it with our automatic insertion tool.
- A condition branch only evaluates to true if the provided evaluation order expression evaluates to true. It will evaluate to false in all other cases, including:
- The evaluation order expression fails to evaluate because of errors.
- The evaluation order expression returns anything other than a boolean value.
- The evaluation order expression requires the following format: [Condition Order] AND/OR [Condition Order]
For example, let’s say that we created a branch with 4 conditions (Condition 1, Condition 2, Condition 3, Condition 4 in this order). To execute it, the 2 first conditions have to be true and one of the 2 remaining ones has to be true as well.
The corresponding expression would be: 1 AND 2 AND (3 OR 4)